Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I was about to write a comment on Andrea's post...

...this morning, when Roberta came home with this:

Even if Judi sent this as "letter" and not as "parcel", since the other moley took 4 week to arrive, to see this at home in just 2 weeks it's been a fantastic surprise (I expected it for next week). Then I opened the envelope and I've found the key: Judi put this irish turbo-enhancing-amulet inside (btw. are you irish descent?)

This is the second time I receive your stuff and I must admit it's touching. I've suddenly loved the way this drawings meet, and I've read the shuttlecock as a metaphor of a little japanese sketchbook flying overseas (the moley my friend is blowin' in the wind).

Here is the flat image of Judi's continuation to Gabi's horizon.

6 comments:

Gabriel Campanario said...

it's my moly!!! long time no see! i love what you did with it Juj, fantastic! the tree is a perfect transition. and great job recycling the same envelop I used!

juj said...

Thanks Gabi! I've been so nervous you wouldn't like it... I posted a version on my Flickr that explains what you're looking at. And added the info to the note you left in the back pocket as well. I'm still saying I reserve the right to come back to this on it's next trip round and add some color if I feel like it, but I was afraid if I tried it earlier I would end up messing it up. I'd already kind of overworked the "birdie" so I got nervous.

and I'm so excited that it didn't take as long for this one to get to Miguel - my faith has been restored!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Oh, wow, Juj. This is really stunning. It's so good to see two drawings side by side. I'm going to go and read up about it on Flickr...

wagonized said...

Juj! I am amazed by the quality of the continuity between Gabi's drawing and yours. I am off to Flickr to read more about it. Your tree was a perfect choice of transition.

Marty Harris said...

I think that this is going to be a lovely book when it's filled. Nice group.

suzanne cabrera said...

Eeeeek!!!! I love it Juj!!! What a great transition. Oh, I wish I'd drawn this.